Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Party animals












OK, It's been forever!! I need to post something if not you guys might forget us!!! (just kidding). We have been very busy lately. Americans have too many excuses to celebrate...4th of july, my boys birthdays, church events...anyway, party all over the place!!
Let's start with the 4th of july. We did have a BBQ. It was special taking into account that this was my first 4th of july as a US citizen. It was quite a different experience.
To start the day, we went to a splash park (metro beach) here in Michigan. What a fun thing!! the beach was entirely covered with bird poo!!! and later that same day, we went to Stony Creek Park to see the fireworks. What an awesome experience that was!! However, let me complain about something...men in my family. First Jair said " we should have brought something to snack on" meaning Gabriela should have brought something. Eric did not hear this. He was a few feet away playing with the boys. When Eric came back with our kids he said: "yayi, did you bring something to eat?" Then Jair said "we should have brought something to sit on". Then Eric said the exact same thing. Come on guys!!! YOU should have thought about it. I packed the blanket, the camera, the water bottles, baby bottles, blankies for my baby, light jackets, baby carrier, diaper bag (with EVERYTHING a baby might need), and a few other things I cannot recall right now...oh yeah, the kids!! Anyhow, it was a great day. My mom LOVED the fireworks. She looked like a little girl playing with her first barbie.
Then we had Patrick's birthday. It was a family thing. We had cake with some cousins who came over from Howell, MI. It was fun. Patrick and Sean helped me make and decorate the cake.
Finally, we just came back from our last trip. We decided to visit the east!! Niagara Falls was absolutely awesome! and what can I say about church sites...incredible, wonderful, spiritual, perfect! Well, taking into account that we had a terrible thunderstorm during the Hill Cumorah Pageant and the show had to be canceled for the third time in 80 years...I think everything went great!!! It was amazing. During the trip we also celebrated Sean's birthday. We are having the b-day cake tonight and next week a little get together with some of his school and church friends.
As you can tell we like to party!!! fun, fun, fun.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

What a fun, busy time!
We are so excited to be able to see you guys in September!!!

jenifer said...

what a sweet family. i can't believe how big your baby looks... all that HAIR! cute, cute! and you look GREAT. way to go momma!!

Lanette said...

I am sufficiently jealous! You guys went everywhere...not fair! Looks like you had a lot of fun. You're growing your hair out, too. Cute! I can't handle how beautiful Alexandra is. I have the cutest little present here, waiting to be sent. Hopefully, I'll get it in the mail while it still fits her, hint, hint. Love you guys so much. Can't wait to see you soon!