Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blake's Orchard

Last week, Eric decided it was his turn to show his family how to have fun his way. He took us to an apple orchard in Romeo, Michigan. Because I am a 100% city girl, I had never done anything like fruit picking or walking through an orchard. Therefore, when we got there and started to pick and "eat" everything we basically thought looked good enough to be eaten...I concluded that there are other types of activities, besides watching movies, going to restaurants, shopping, etc... that are so much fun as well!!
My boys picked many rotten raspberries, but they did not seem to care if they were good or not! they just thought it was awesome to be able to eat stuff straight from the bushes!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I am so in love with harvest time.
Don't you love seeing the boys figure out where things really come from.
Great idea, Eric!
I have a dream to one have a home with blueberry bushes, strawberry patches, fruit trees,pumpkins patches, and a corn field (it is my favorite crop to look at). I would just invite people to come and pick for fun. It's a dream that may never come true, but it is mine!!

jenifer said...

You go city gal... I really miss Michigan when you talk about picking orchards... send us some raspberries yeah?!

Shelley Gee said...

It has been so long since I have been able to talk to you guy's and I was on Todd and Jen's blog and found you! I am so excited! Let's keep in touch. I just started a blog and it is www.shelleygee.blogspot.com Hope all is well!

jenifer said...

hello stranger... how are you doing?? long time no blog... hope life is good and your too busy having so much fun to write about it... love ya chicka!!

jenifer said...

love you gabi-- even if you do like obama... i think you and eric will spend the rest of your lives canceling each other out...:)
i heard a rumor-- how are you feeling?!!!!